Focusing on fun but wearable looks with entirely Gluten Free Cosmetics.
Another look courtesy of my ‘Lil Sis, which she calls Hippie Cat Eye. That is such a perfect name for this look! It’s an earth tone, warm, soft, summery, organic look, that manages to emulate a cat eye look without any liquid liner. We use the famous “tape trick” to help shape the extended shadow.
Prep your face with your favorite foundation.
Technically, for this look you only need two eyeshadows, a dark brown and a light bronzey shade, but we decided to layer several browns to get a more exotic shade.
Take about a 2″ piece of tape and press it down on the back of your hand. Pull it off and press it back down again. Repeat a few times until the tape is no longer very sticky. Apply gently just under lower lash line, extending about to the end of your eyebrow
- Take Monave’s Mineral Powder in Blizzard #71 and apply it to the outer 2/3’s of your lid, out past the corner of your eye. How far you take it is up to you. If your eyes are set far apart, you may be able to take it father than someone who’s eyes are set close together. For my sister, I left about 1/2 inch of space between the end of the cat eye and the corner of her eyebrow.
- Take Afterglow’s Matte Eye Shadow in Cocoa and apply it in the same place you applied the first shadow.
This is where we kept layering browns to get a slightly different depth and shade. You could stop here, or keep playing with other browns you have on hand to get the shade you want. We kept playing and used Monave’s #54 and #52, applying it exactly over the same way we did with the other liners.
- Pat Monave’s Cafe Latte #51 into the inner third of your eyelid and bring it down the outer third of your lower lash line. This is a super shiny bronzey shadow that adds a serious POP to the corner of your eye.
- Remove the tape from your eye. It will leave a very obvious mark, so get out your foundation and a little brush and reapply your foundation. While you’re at it, sweep off any fall out and just do some general cleanup. Blend the edges of tape line well, and it’ll vanish like it never existed.
- Line the lower lash line that was covered by the tape with Cocoa, bringing it out to meet the edge of the line of shadow made by the tape. Also line the top of your lash line with cocoa. Clean up the top of your cat eye, just under your eyebrow, with your lightest foundation.
- To finish up, blend the sharp edges of the cat eye a touch, how much you do it is up to you. Dust your favorite natural blush on your cheekbones and flick a light lipgloss on your lips to add a touch of shine.
And you’re done!
Gluten Free Cosmetic Products Used:
Monave Versatile Mineral Powders Blizzard #71
Afterglow Ultra Matte Eye Shadow Cocoa
Monave Versatile Mineral Powders Neutral Lips #54
Monave Versatile Mineral Powders Taupe #52
Monave Versatile Mineral Powders Cafe Latte #51
Emani Soy Mascara
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. My receiving a small commission when you purchase these products (at no cost to you!) is the #1 thing keeping this site afloat. Thanks for your support!