I had something else totally worked out for this Gluten Free Makeup Monday, but something came in the mail Saturday and made me stop in my tracks and go- “YeeeeeHAW let’s do something different!!” Hence GFMM being later in the day instead of in the morning. But it’ll be totally worth the wait, I promise. 😎
So what was that ‘thang that came in the mail yesterday? Red Apple Lipstick’s gluten free eyeshadow!!! WOOT! 😀 AND their retractable lip pencils! AND some of their original lipstick in the awesome spankin’ new cases!! The reviews will be comin’ up in the next week or so (there’s so much awesomeness that I’m gonna hafta break it up into several posts 😎 ), but for now, I totally could not resist making a GFMM out of it. So, this is a kinda Red Apple Lipstick themed look, born of me going “Oh my word this is so cool and I’m dying to play with it like right now!!”
Prep your face with foundation and concealer of your choice.
Eyes (all colors for this look are Red Apple):
You can prime your eyes, but I actually did NOT and could not tell there was any fallout or muddying over the afternoon. I did not wear it for a full 8 hours (though I intend to soon!), so perhaps it would muddy with a few more hours use.
- Pat e7, a lovely lightly shimmery nude, over the lid.
- Brush e9, a light matte brown, into your natural crease. Blend. With e1, a shimmery pale nude, dust from your inner eye to the top of your brow bone. Blend again. You could stop here and have a simple naked look, but then you’d miss the fun part!
- Wet your brush and dip it into e3, a lovely sky blue. With the damp blue shadow, apply it directly in the center of your lid. With your finger or a small brush, only very lightly blend the very edges. You don’t want it to extend to either corner: just the center, the high point, the climax of the lid of your eye. If it’s not blue enough for you, add another wet blue layer on top of it.
- Polish off the eye look with brown liner on the upper lash line and the outer third lower lash line, smudging the lines gently. Apply mascara.
- Trace your lips with lip liner, then apply a lipstick just a few shades darker than your natural lip color.
- With the same lipstick, dab your finger on the end and gently pat and stroke the color onto your cheek bones. This gives a natural blush without any effort.
And you’re done! 😀
Gluten Free Cosmetic Products Used:
- Red Apple Lipstick e7
- Red Apple Lipstick e9
- Red Apple Lipstick e1
- Red Apple Lipstick e3
Liner: Monave’s Eye liner Espresso
Lashes: Emani Soy Mascara