Every morning, I step outside to take my dog out for his morning stuff. Bed hair, night clothes and barefoot on the concrete (hey- it’s urgent business he has out there!). But these last few mornings have sent heat-accustomed me hopping back inside for some shoes and a jacket. It’s winter, folks! Even in Texas, it’s winter! I can actually see my breath in the air! O.O Shocking.
But anyway, the weather and the Christmas season have really put me in the mood for some holiday looks. So I’ve been checking the latest trends and chosen one of my favorite looks to share with y’all!
Here’s how to get the look above using exclusively Gluten Free Cosmetics:
- Cover any blemishes with Lauren Brooke’s Creme Concealer.
- If need be, smooth Afterglow’s Under-eye Treatment over any rings under your eyes. Not only will this cover them, it will help to heal them too.
- Apply Lauren Brooke’s Creme Foundation all over your face. This stuff is like magic: invisible magic. Enjoy how it feels against your skin. 😀
- Very, very lightly, apply Afterglow’s Mineral Blush to the apples of your cheeks and sweep back along your cheekbones. Use one of the lighter colors, like “First Blush” or “Peachy”. The blush in this look is quite faint; don’t overdo it! Blend out the edges very well.
- Finish off your skin with Afterglow’s Setting Powder in “Translucent”.
- Use a drop of Afterglow’s Color Lock as an eyelid primer to keep your eyeshadow fabulous all night long. Make sure you cover your entire eye, from lashes to eyebrow.
- Cover entire eye with Afterglow’s Mineral Eye Shadow in “Snow”. This is a very pale, bright, shimmery white color. “Snow” is really the perfect name for it.
- Apply Afterglow’s Mineral Eye Shadow, this time in “Storm”, from your lash-line to your upper crease. Gently sweep the leftovers over the inside of your eye, angling back to brush under your lower lash-line just slightly (check the picture above).
- Take a small brush and lightly apply a soft line of Storm under your lower lash-line.
- Now apply Afterglow’s Powder Eyeliner in “Raven” to your outer eyelid and lower crease, like an eye shadow. Extend it out a bit past your lashes on the outside.
- Take a thin angled brush and apply the “Raven” eyeliner powder to the outer third of your lower lashes and the outer two thirds of your upper lashes. If you really want all-night staying power for this, put a drop of Afterglow’s Color Lock in the lid and dip the brush in that before getting the powder. If you do that, move to the next step pretty quickly. 😉
- Blend your entire eye, from lash-line to brow bone. I like to use my fingers and blend sideways, from inner eye to outer. Afterglow’s eye shadows blend extremely well, so softening the color transitions should only take a few seconds of gentle rubbing. Also blend the liner on your lower lashes a little bit. Not enough to make it messy; just to smudge it a bit.
- Use Afterglow’s Pure Soul Mascara in “Onyx” lightly on both your upper and lower lashes. Brush the upper and outer third of your lashes a time or two more than the others.
- And finally, if all the mineral shimmer of the eye shadows isn’t enough for you, you could use Lauren Brooke’s Body Glitter to kick it up a notch. Apply it on your upper crease and lower brow bone. Be careful not to smudge around too much.
- This is a very natural lip look, so use Red Apple Lipstick in “Naughty” on your lips. Bonus that RAL’s special nourishing formula will help keep those chapped winter lips at bay!
So there ‘ya have it! If you try this, be sure to send me pictures or leave them in the comments below! I’d love to see what y’all do with this! Have a safe, Gluten Free and beautiful Winter this year! 😀
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. My receiving a small commission when you purchase these products (at no cost to you!) is the #1 thing keeping this site afloat. Thanks for your support!